I suggest you post about ...

Forms (off and online) and transactions with Government in general

Forms (off and online) and transactions with Government in general. With governments seeking to reduce the regulatory burden to business, increase online self-service for business and citizens, and reduce the cost of service delivery, the humble form is at the heart of these processes. And yet, government forms are too often created by public servants who lack the knowledge and skills required to design and deliver effective forms that meet these objectives.

Forms expert Jessica Enders states in her excellent article 'The cost of bad forms'(http://formulate.com.au/articles/cost-bad-forms), that "...regardless of whether the form-filler has choice, bad things come from badly designed forms."

Thankfully, writing for the web is now seen as a necessary skill for most online content creators (obviously, some goverment agencies are better than others in this regard). However, we don't yet see a similar appreciation for creating forms effectively, which is arguably as crucial as publishing quality information.

Couple this with inconsistent technology (which can range from fully accessible HTML to inaccessible PDF), quality, user experience, browser compatibility and accessibility of forms provided by government currently, and it's clear that there is much needed reform.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...